Friday, April 17, 2009

A New Millennium GranGran


(My sister Angie, a Glamma Grandma for sure ... my mother Laura, and me)

Being a GranGran is really fine,
But today there is a new design.

I don’t even own a chair that rocks,
And why would anyone darn the socks?

The housekeeper is here to clean my house,
I’d much rather surf and click the mouse.

If you need me, call my office or try at home.
If that doesn’t work, dial the cellular phone.

You can Instant Message or send email.
I promise to reply in great detail.

Sorry, this weekend we’ll have to skip
Cause I’ll be gone on a business trip.

Yes, I used to paint, cross-stitch and sew,
Being on-line fills my time now, you know.

I may not “grandma” like they used to do,
And sometimes visits are way too few.

It seems life gets busier every day.
Guess that’s just the new grandma way.

But on one thing I’ll stay a stand,
Being GranGran is really GRAND!


by Shirley also known as GranGran

No comments:

Post a Comment