Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pink Ribbon Spa Day


Yesterday I attended a Pink Ribbon Event of personalized skincare analysis and spa treatments, hosted by my good friend Nadine, at the Spa at SBA (Suzanne Bruce & Associates in Houston). Nadine and most of the other 12 ladies attending are all cancer survivors. I felt humbled in their presents, knowing that they have gone through a battle I can only presume to understand, and each one is a testimony of what real living is about.

We were asked to arrive without makeup, which may have kept a few Glamma’s away, but not this group. These ladies, not defined by their circumstances, are beautiful inside and out, make up or not. We were all there as a tribute to cancer survivors and to learn how to protect our skin.

Each of us was given a “Complexion Analysis,” which showed us what was happening on our skin, but more importantly under our skin. Wow … now there’s an eye opening experience. This analysis gave us percentile scores for texture, wrinkles, spots and pores depict our ranking relative to others of the same age, gender, and skin type. If you have never had one of these analysis, I highly recommend it.

The bottom line is … sun damages skin, but there are ways to prevent damage from getting worse, and there are definitely ways to prevent and preserve good skin. As Glammas we owe it to our children and grandchildren, girls and boys, to continue to encourage (nag, if necessary) them to use sunscreen, every day.

Running Hugs,
Glamma Grandma

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more - my mom has skin cancer so I am super careful to preserve my skin because I have seen what she goes through. Welcome to SITS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I got your comment on my design blog and would love to make your blog beautiful! Get in contact with me and send me your email so we can arrange everything: olivinadesignhouse@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete